|—||Sarah Patton Boyle|
- polish a piece to the summit of your abilities, create a reference interpretation.
- be a consummate musician who can fill a whole evening program with meaning, truth, and beauty.
- develop and establish your personal favorite and best repertoire.
- dominate, yet mesh with a large ensemble, be a romantic hero.
Chamber music concert
- communicate with a group of equal musicians, the “highest expression of civilization”.
- be eloquent and authentic as well as humble yet authoritative.
- know the value of high art, present and defend it in front of patrons. You are fighting the good fight.
- Create opportunities. Success occurs when opportunity meets preparation. In the words of Alexey Steele (heavy Russian accent) “opportunity percolate permanently”.
Champion of music
- live a fulfilled life in music that can be a categorical example for the present and the next generation.
|—||185 • A concert pianist needs to excel at a couple different things: « Pianist to Pianist, by Jura Margulis (via sonateharder)|